While talking about gynecologists, people think about adult women who go for routine check-ups and annual exams. Usually, we do not think about pediatric OB-GYNs or children’s gynecology. But there are pediatric gynecologists in the GP Clinic in London who help babies and teens.
The gynecologists are always trained in obstetrics. Their specialty related to pregnancy is post-natal to prenatal care.
What Do You Know about Children’s Gynecology?
The Children’s gynecology is based for the treatment of young teens and children for many reasons. Some babies are born with labial adhesions, reproductive abnormalities, underlying bleeding disorder, and a fusing of the vaginal lips. There are other hereditary conditions like ovarian cysts that you should monitor closely. Here are some reasons to get check-up from gynecologist as follows:
- Menstruation: Suppose from three months, your child is facing problems in period. She may also face irregularity and pain in periods, then, you need to contact a gynecologist.
- Preventive Care: If you have an early family history related to cancer or other hereditary diseases, then proper preventive care is needed.
- Abnormalities in Pain: Suppose your child is having fever and stomach pain. She is discharging yellow or green discharge with strong smell, then it can be the symptom of a pelvic inflammatory disease. In that case, gynecological treatment from the London GP Clinic is needed.
- Sexual Activity: If your teen is sexually active and missing period, gynecological care can play a proper role in that situation.
What are Pediatric Gynecology Services?
While visiting a gynecologist with your child, you should get acquainted with various types of treatments and services for your child’s health. Take a look at some services that pediatric gynecologists offer:
- Contraceptive Services: The doctors guide about various birth control options.
- Woman Care: Get comprehensive women care with various physical tests related to pelvic parts.
- Menstrual Abnormalities: Treat and diagnose irregular periods with period cramp.
- Prevent Chronic Pelvic Pain: Check the symptoms, treat and diagnose with preventive care.
- Care from vaginal, adnexal, perennial, and uterine abnormalities.
- Health Visits to Check Reproductive Problems: You may manage the irregular periods, fibroids, pain, and reproductive challenges with proper health visits.
- Ovariectomy: Sometimes the removal of both ovaries creates abnormalities. This surgery is known as ovariectomy.
- Laparoscopy: If you get laparoscopy for endometriosis, manage the set-up of uterine lining. This can grow inside you with the pelvic organ and uterus.
- Get surgical care for uterine, vaginal, adnexal, and perennial abnormalities
When to Take the First Appointment of a Child Gynecologist?
While setting the general consensus among the medical healthcare professionals, it is always necessary to look after the sexual health of your child. The first gynecologist appointment should start between the age of 13-15 when your child starts menstruating and she is sexually active.
What are the Things to Expect at the First Gynecological Appointment Session?
When you take your first gynecological appointment from a doctor, your child may face nervousness and anxiety. The pediatric gynecologists have special certification and knowledge to handle the nervous young patients. In the first appointment, general physical examinations are done such as blood pressure, hemoglobin, height, and weight check up.
After that the doctor starts collecting the family history of the patients along with the relevant lifestyle and choices of your daughter. If your child is sexually active, her gynecologist should start guiding about birth control with the HPV vaccine. The first visit may be daunting and scary, but in the second visit she might feel comfortable.
Comprehensive Care Plans
Gynecological care doesn’t need to wait until your daughter is in high school or college. The suitable comprehensive plans start with children and pediatric care. Getting an early check up from a gynecologist can be the best plan for your child. You should choose the HPV vaccine when your child is growing up. The regular check up can help your child grow up properly with time.
When Should Your Teen Get Her OBGYN Appointment?
As a parent, you have the responsibility to guide your child while taking appointments from a gynecologist. Here are some questions which you will get answers in the first day:
- Unusual periods which are not in date
- She is sexually active
- Questions about body development changes with growing age
- Learning about birth control options
- How to ease the period cramp and excessive bleeding?
- What to do about acne?
- When is STI testing required?
- What do if periods are not regular in every month?
Signs Your Child Need a Gynecologist
Some people avoid the condition related to gynecological issues. You can solve the issues by following various types of solutions. Before that there are some signs and symptoms that you should know:
- Lower back pain
- Unusual vaginal odor
- Irregular menstrual bleeding
- Urgent urge to urinate
- Burning and pain during urination
- Lumps and sores in genitals
- Increase on white discharge
- Ovarian syndrome
- Vaginal trauma
- Yeast infection
- Pelvic and vaginal pain
- Imperforate hymen
- Cyst in reproductive organs
- Ambiguous genital
Guide for Pregnancy Prevention
About 70% of teens have sex before 18 years old. The pediatric doctors in London GP Clinic help the sexually active patients with sex education and guidelines. Sex is a natural thing, but without precaution is dangerous. If you desire, then you can use the contraception option that suits the needs of the patients.
Most of the Sexual Transmitted Diseases are caused from 15-24 years. Not only STI but early pregnancy is also common. Therefore, a proper guide can always help you get rid of various problems related to STI and pregnancy issues.
Children’s gynecology is often needed for teenagers. The gynecologists in London GP Clinic suggest following various guidelines and natural therapies for a healthy life. If your child is guided from an early age, then she might not face any type of trouble in future. Moreover, you won’t face various types of issues that can create vital problems in the life of your family. A daughter’s feminism is a very vital matter so always remember to take care of her health from an early age.