It’s purely a terrible moment for any student to face laptop issues at the last moment when online class is about to start. Many students face such technical glitches disrupting their overall virtual learning experience.
But don’t worry! We are here to discuss common laptop issues faced by students during online classes along with their practical fixes to overcome troublesome issues for you.
Without much delay, let’s dive in and ensure smooth sailing through your virtual classrooms!
List of Common Laptop Issues Faced By Students During Online Classes And Their Fixes
Here are the list of some common laptop issues faced by students during online classes and their fixes.
1. Slow Performance and Lagging Issues
If your laptop crawls with a glacial pace amidst online classes, causing you frustration and hindering your productivity, here’s what you can do to fix your slow laptop with lagging issues
- Close unnecessary applications running in the background to free up system resources.
- Regularly clear out temporary files and your browser cache to optimize system performance.
- Update your operating system, antivirus software, and device drivers to avoid unnecessary performance issues.
- If using a second-hand laptop, consider upgrading your RAM or replacing your hard drive with a solid-state drive (SSD) for improved performance.
2. Wi-Fi Issues
One of the most common laptop issues is poor Wi-Fi. It is the evil behind disrupting your online learning and leaving you frustrated. Here are some recommended fixes to resolve Wi-Fi issues:
- Get closer to your Wi-Fi router and avoid any obstructions like walls or other electronic devices to ensure seamless virtual learning.
- Turn off your Wi-Fi router and then turn it back on after a few seconds to resolve poor connectivity issues.
- Update your Wi-Fi drivers. Visit your Wi-Fi adapter manufacturer’s or laptop manufacturer’s website to download the latest drivers.
- Disable background downloads as they consume your bandwidth while affecting your online class experience.
3. Overheating and Fan Noise
When your laptop starts to make loud and weird noises, it’s an alarming sign that the laptop is getting excessively hot and the fan is unable to cool it on time, causing performance issues and potential harm to your device.
Following these steps can resolve your system’s overheating problem:
- Dust can accumulate after usage for a while. So, try using compressed air or a soft brush frequently to clean the vents and fans and avoid restricted airflow and overheating problems.
- Use a cooling pad or stand to provide your laptop additional airflow, and help disperse heat more effectively.
- Avoid placing your laptop on soft surfaces like beds or couches to escape blockage of the airflow vents.
4. Battery Drainage and Power Issues
Is your laptop battery prone to quick drains or encounter power-related issues at the last moment of online classes? Here’s what you can do to address these issues:
- Adjust your power settings to balance out battery life and performance by lowering screen brightness, enabling power-saving mode, and reducing unnecessary background processes.
- Use the original charger provided by the laptop manufacturer. Using other second-time bought chargers may result in an inadequate power supply or damage to the battery.
- If your laptop battery is consistently poorly performing, consider replacing it with a new one.
5. Laptop Going on Sudden Updates:
During online classes, it can be frustrating when your laptop suddenly decides to install updates, disrupting your learning experience. This common laptop issue can lead to unexpected interruptions and delays.
To prevent your laptop from going on sudden updates during online classes, you can follow these steps:
- By going to your laptop’s settings, try adjusting settings to your preference, allowing you to schedule updates during non-class hours or manually install them at a convenient time.
- Enable notification reminders for future updates. This way, you’ll receive a notification in advance, allowing you to plan for the update and avoid any unexpected interruptions during your online classes.
- Utilize the “Active Hours” feature available in your operating system. Determine the time range when you’re generally taking online classes on a laptop so as to ensure updates aren’t installed during those hours.
Online classes first started in March 2020 due to the risk of the novel coronavirus, giving a sudden boom to online learning and a hike in demand for tech gadgets like laptops.
At that point, students using their laptops relentlessly gave birth to issues like system lagging, slow performance, Wi-Fi issues, and more while affecting students’ overall productivity and academic success.
However, to keep you safe from such mishaps while you solely focus on your studies, CellularPort is offering special discounts on all their reliable laptop repair services.
Utilize Coupons to Get Your Special Student Discount
With laptops being your best device and laptop issues arising simultaneously, CellularPort is aware of the importance of seamless online classes and therefore offers timely and efficient laptop repair services at special discounts.
CellularPort is offering a valuable discount of 15% on all their laptop repairs. All you have to do is to visit the link https://cellularport.com/promotions/ and fill out the form subsequently. You will then receive your coupon via email. You may show that coupon on any of our stores, at Harwin Drive or Mesa Drive, Houston, and avail substantial savings with the most electrifying student discount available in town!