A hearing student’s guide to getting an Australian skilled visa

Moving to another country can be difficult, especially if you’re leaving your home country, but it can also be incredibly rewarding. As an Australian hearing student, you may be considering moving to Australia after graduation so that you can continue practicing your trade in the southern hemisphere. If that’s the case, then congratulations! You’ve come to the right place, as this article will show you how to get an Australian skilled visa. After reading it, you’ll have everything you need to make your next step even more successful!

If you’re thinking about studying in Australia, here are some important things you need to know

Studying in Australia is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to learn about the culture, improve their English skills, or gain experience working in a different country. But before you pack up and head off on your adventure, there are some important things you need to know about Australian visas that will affect your ability to study in this country. For example, if you’re not from Australia or New Zealand then you’ll need an Australian Skilled Visa – but be aware that these visas can be difficult to get.

If you want more information on what it takes to get the right visa for your needs, click here!

Is a course short enough?

Australian skilled visas are awarded to skilled workers that are sponsored by a business in Australia. To get one, you will need:

  • A Certificate of Sponsorship from your employer or sponsor, who is established and operating in Australia.
  • An occupation that is on the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL) – the most recent list is available on the Australian Government Department of Immigration website
  • You must have a skills assessment for your occupation from a relevant assessing authority or have worked in that occupation for at least two years overseas within five years before applying
  • You must have been offered, and accepted, a job with your employer/sponsor.

What other options are available if your course is too long?

If you are not able to complete the course within the time limit of your work and study visa, it is possible that your employer may be able to sponsor you for a new visa. If this is not possible, there are other options such as applying for a bridging or temporary visa. Bridging visas allow you to stay in Australia after your current work and study visa expires if you meet certain criteria, while temporary visas allow you to stay in Australia for up to three years before having to leave the country. You will need to apply for a bridging or temporary visa through the Department of Home Affairs before your current work and study visa expires. You will need copies of all relevant documents relating to both visas at hand when applying.

Consider applying as soon as you’ve made your decision – or even before!

If you are considering studying in Australia, you may be wondering if it is possible to get a visa while you study. The answer is yes! There are a few different visas that can help make your transition into life in Australia easier. The first one is called the Student Visa (subclass 500). This visa allows students from other countries to study in Australia for up to 5 years.

Will I get my medical certificate renewed?

If you have a medical certificate that is valid, then the answer is yes. If your medical certificate expires, you will need to get a new one before entering Australia. You will also need to get a new one if you change your course of study or if your previous one was for less than 12 months.

Can I change courses?

If you are a hearing student looking to study in Australia, there are a few things you need before applying for your Australian skilled visas. First, you will need to make sure that the course you want is eligible for the Student Visa. Next, if you are not yet enrolled in an eligible course, submit the Request Form with all necessary documentation and wait for confirmation of your enrolment before applying for your Australian visa. Once enrolled in an eligible course, submit the Visa Application form and supporting documentation.

Which visa do I need?

The following visas are available for skilled workers:

  • Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)
  • Employer Nomination Scheme Visa (subclass 186)
  • Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa (subclass 187)
  • Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)

A skilled Independent Visa is the best choice if you have a high level of English and you are under 45 years old. The other two visas are better suited for people with lower levels of English or those over 45.

How much does it cost?

Getting a skilled visa in Australia can be a confusing process. To start, you need to fill out the points test form and have it certified by the relevant authority in your country of origin. For example, if you’re from the United States, you would need to get your form certified by the American consulate or embassy before submitting it. The certification is free but can take up to six weeks.

Where can I find information about financial support options?

The Department of Home Affairs offers a range of financial support options for students. These include:

  • Youth Allowance – if you are aged 16-24 and studying full time at least part of the year.
  • Austudy or Pensioner Education Supplement – if you are aged 25 years or older and studying full time at least part of the year.

Are there any other costs associated with studying in Australia?

Studying in Australia does not come without its costs. Tuition fees for undergraduate degrees range from AU$14,000-AU$25,000 per year and postgraduate programs are even more expensive at AU$20,000-AU$35,000 a year. There are also additional living costs that can be anywhere from AU$7,500-AU$,14,500 depending on where you live.

The final step – apply!

The final step is to apply for the Australian Visa and wait patiently while your application is processed. Aussie visas can take anything from a few months up to two years, so it’s worth applying as soon as possible.